University of Hawaii at Manoa / Spring 2006 – Fall 2012
- BA in Journalism and BA in English received Fall 2009
- MA in English received Spring 2012
- Courses taken: Media Law, Media Ethics, Journalism Tools and Platforms, Intellectual Foundations, Photography, Journalism Projects and Production, Creative Writing, Fundamentals in Composition and Rhetoric.
Arts & Culture multimedia producer and reporter, OPB / April 2018 – Present
- Report on all arts and culture related news for the state of Oregon
- Produce feature segments on Oregon’s most interesting artists on Oregon Public Broadcasting’s flagship arts television program Oregon Art Beat
- Produced a segment on artist Alex Chiu, BIPOC muralist who created striking public art depicting Portland’s POC community.
- Produced a segment on Gallery Without Walls, Lake Oswego’s public arts program.
- Produced a feature segment about Oregon State University’s robotics program.
- Research and write stories for the arts section of Oregon Public Broadcasting’s website, opb.org/artbeat.
Online Content Producer, Honolulu Star-Advertiser / October 2013 – February 2018
- Responsible for maintaining the website of the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, Hawaii’s top news publication, with a circulation of 100,000.
- Maintained rapport with subscribers about local stories through social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Shot and edited original content on a variety of topics including News, Business and Sports.
- Helped establish a stronger online and social media presence including video and audio production.
- Trained and proficient in NewsEdit, Photoshop, BBedit, HTML, Premiere Pro CC, and the Canon XA10 camera
Associate Producer, KITV / January 2013 – October 2013
- Coordinated with editors and reporters to produce high quality news that reflects local and national interests
- Wrote stories for the web, KITV.com, as well as cut packages and videos for the web.
- Assisted production team and reporters in research and relaying constant updates on breaking news
- Proficient in ENPS, ANVATO and ibPublish2.
Video Editor, Ka Leo O Hawai`i / Spring 2009 – Fall 2009
- Responsible for video reporting on all campus activities and news for student media operations.
- Oversaw three reporters to produce a weekly Internet show that recaps the week’s top stories found in Ka Leo.
- Proficient with Final Cut Pro and Sony PD-170 camera.
Web Intern, KITV.COM / Summer 2009
- Responsible for maintaining KITV4’s website, kitv.com, as the no. 1 news website in Hawaii, with up-to-date stories and breaking news by writing for the web, edit and publish media content that supports the web articles.
- Worked on special, local related projects, including the canonization of Father Damien and the 50th Anniversary of Statehood.
Associate Features Editor, Ka Leo O Hawaii / Fall 2008
- Worked with Features editor to oversee the Features section of the student newspaper, which publishes three times a week with a circulation of 10,000.
- Assigned reporters to specific stories, ranging from movie reviews to event teasers and profiles on artists.
- Edited articles for grammar and style and wrote nine stories.
Reporting Intern, The Maui News, Kahului / Summer 2008
- Wrote news, features and obituaries as an intern for the island’s daily newspaper, with a circulation of 20,000 and a website, http://www.mauinews.com.
- Verified facts and data for all news releases with potential for story material.
- Covered a range of deadline stories including court cases and a wildfire.
Senior Staff Writer, Ka Leo O Hawaii / Fall 2006 – Spring 2008
- Wrote stories including student government budget increase, a profile on an award-winning journalist from Hawaii, and spring training for UH Warrior Football.
- Covered men and women’s volleyball, tennis and water polo.
- Profiled athletes, including golfer Dale Gammie and tennis player Andreas Weber.
- Jay Hartwell, Student Media Adviser, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
(808) 956-3217, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Darrah, News Editor, KITV4, (808) 535 – 0455, email@example.com
- Adam Sparks, Online Editor, Honolulu-Star Advertiser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Martin, Executive Producer, Oregon Art Beat, email@example.com